Blog Archive

Jun 12, 2014

Apistogramma update


The Apistogramma that I bought a couple of months ago have been doing quite well. I'd like them to grow faster, but of course that I don't get that big anyway. I'd also like to see some signs of pair bonding eventually, as I don't know the sex of each fish definitively.

The Macmasteri (pictured above) do a little chasing, but not too bad. Mostly they stay on opposite sides of the tank at the moment. They're in a 38 gallon with some cory cats and sword tails.


The Hongsloi seem to be coming out of their shyness, at least a little bit. They don't hide in their caves as much and have shown quite a bit of personality for tiny fish. Would like to see some coloration develop soon.


I also have a German Blue Ram (Microgeophagus Ramirezi) that I've been growing out. It's really developing some nice colors and has some beautiful long, trailing fins. I would like to find a female so I can have a pair of the Rams as well.

I'm still pretty new to dwarf cichlids, so I'm trying to be patient. Just keeping them alive feels like a bit of an achievement for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment