Blog Archive

Jun 17, 2014

Laetacara Dorsigera update


Here is another dwarf cichlid I'm keeping now - Laetacara Dorsigera. I have three of these little guys. They only grow to about three to four inches from what I understand. They will eventually develop some purple coloring around the front gills, which I'm anxious to see.


You can see how colorful the fins already are in this close up. They were pretty shy when I first bought them, but like the Apistos, they're coming around and showing off more. I really hope these guys do well. I tried three before and eventually lose them all. This time I'm doubling the water changes and have a few more plants for them to hide in. They're also in a tank where they're the only dominant fish.


Here is some video footage.

No comments:

Post a Comment