Blog Archive

Jul 26, 2014

When I had African cichlids


I sold off just about all of my African cichlids earlier this year. I had various Peacocks, Haps and Mbunas, but I found my interest moving more toward South American cichlids like Geophagus and Gymnogeophagus, so I decided to concentrate my efforts on those fish.

Here is a video from 2012 of one of my 125 gallon tanks when it still had all of my African cichlids in it. The males really did have some beautiful colors. I had Red Empress, Venustus, black and white Calvus, Walteri Peacocks and many more.

I think my biggest regret might be that I don't have more quality pictures of them. I'll have to keep hunting and post them when I find more. I would love to have another hap and peacock only tank again someday, and definitely want to keep calvus again.

No comments:

Post a Comment