Blog Archive

Jul 14, 2014

New anubias and ram


Picked up some new anubias at an LFS over the weekend. They had several new plants in stock, but someone had come in the day before and placed a reserve order on all of them. We're talking 50 some plants. The owner was nice enough to let me buy four of the anubias. I thought these looked great.


Here are three of the four. Anubias are such slow growers, but the leaves really can make a planted tank look awesome. I think these are anubias coffeefolia? Judging by the ridges on the leaves.


Here is what they look like next to my existing anubias. Trying for now to make that the "anubias corner" of the tank.


I also picked up a new German Blue Ram (on the right). Showing nice coloration already. I placed an almond leaf in the back of the tank, hoping the tannins it releases will make the water quality a little more ideal for them. Also focusing on upping water changes and the temperature in that 30 gallon. Really would like to get some ram pairs to take off and do well. Haven't always had a lot of luck with them in the past.

No comments:

Post a Comment