Blog Archive

Jul 1, 2014

Andinoacara Stalsbergi


Here are some new pics and video of my Andinoacara Stalsbergi wild pair. I bought these at an LFS last year. Some call them "True Green Terrors" as they were the fish that originally owned the common name of Green Terror. I also have a Gold Saum, Andinoacara Rivulatus, or the more commonly known Green Terror. They're actually in 55 gallon tanks on a double stand. The Stalsbergi on top and the Rivulatus on the bottom.

The most noticeable difference between the two is that Stalsbergi has the white tips on their fins and the Gold Saums have the gold tips. The coloring of their scales is also considerably different.


This pic doesn't show it well, but the pair of Stalsbergi are actually starting to more show signs of bonding. The male doesn't chase the female like he has in the past and the two will swim together. She also looks better these days. You can tell her fins aren't being nipped. I'm hopeful the two will pair up and spawn once they get a little bigger.


As far as which fish is better, I don't know. I've seen some really intense (obnoxious) debates on the internet involving the two. I still personally prefer Gold Saums as they're the GT that I originally started with, but I'm very excited to see my Stalsbergi grow out.

No comments:

Post a Comment