Blog Archive

Aug 5, 2014

20 gallon grow tank


I've been thinking about taking down my triple deck with my two 30s and 20 gallon long, but I still need to keep the 20 running. I've found it's the best tank for getting my plants started, or to get those in bad shape to bounce back. The depth of the tank seems to make it ideal for getting more light to the plants.

This sword, for example, is starting to bounce back after just a week in the 20. It had been struggling in my deeper 75. I've had luck getting plants started in this 20 and then watching them continue to grow in my other tanks.


There is not much to see yet, but I've also put my red lotus bulb back in this tank (in the small pot on the left). It's already producing new growth, so I should eventually get a second plant off the same bulb. The first is still growing strong in one of my 125s.

I can't say enough about the importance of light when it comes to getting most plants started.

No comments:

Post a Comment