Blog Archive

Jun 2, 2014

Syndontis catfish hybrid


This is one of two Syndontis catfish hybrids that I have. I bought them from an LFS last year and they've grown out quite nicely. I love the color pattern.

I think these are Syndontis Angelicus x Eupterus hybrids - at least that's how I've found them listed online. Two of the four I bought, look like this, while two others have more of a spotted pattern.



They tend to be rather shy, so getting photos and video footage can be a challenge. Even in this video my other fish are getting in the way. They're very interesting to watch though.

I did have two larger Syndontis that I sold a while back. From what I understand these will not get as big, which would be my preference. It's not always easy to find attractive catfish that will stay at a reasonable size.

No comments:

Post a Comment